Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HUNGARIAN IMPERIALISM: WILL USA FIGHT IT WITH HONOUR?

Today, Hungary declared war on Czech Republic.
Awful thing.
Since Germany attacked Poland, there have been rumors –mainly in the Czech media- warning about a possible expansionist movement of Hungary. I didn’t pay much attention to them, as Hungary is part of the Mediterranean Alliance.
But I was wrong. The Hungarian Congress approved war; and now Czech will experience rough times, I say. Why? Because almost every Czech soldier was fighting side-by-side with poles. Poland and Czech Republic; they are both proud nations, and the krauts were having a hard time in the eastern front –as their Pakistani allies.

But now the Czech army is damaged, disorganized and weakened. As far as I know, they did a great job defending Warsaw… They resisted the German bombings, lying in wet trenches. They fought hand-to-hand in the streets –I know because I was there, with many other volunteers, mainly from Spain, Italy, Sweden and Romania. They are hard guys, no doubt. But their supplies are almost depleted, and their hospitals crowded with valiant soldiers.
So I don’t think they can resist this coward attack; they need support. USA has a nice military power, and the Czechs are your allies. So I encourage you: “Take your rifles, American people, and walk calmly to the combat, singing and laughing. And fight for Czech freedom.”

Remember this poem by Martin Niemöller, and think about it:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn’t a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

http://www.erepublik.com/article-313041.html#

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this USA all the time. Let's face that they are weak on eRepublik. We should discuss more the first 4-5-6 countries. We will discuss USA if they get to top. Now it is not worth the effort.
And about the Hungarians, they will surely lose this fight because they fight against everyone when they're attacking.